Sunday, October 18, 2009

First Matte Polish & Simple Vegan "Recipe"

I had my very first experience with matte nail polish. I received my back-ordered polishes Savita, Harlow and Roxy yesterday from Zoya. Last night I painted my nails with Harlow. Honestly I don't think I am a matte convert. I would be happy for any tips or links you could share about matte polishes. The polish dried very fast and I am not used to using that type of formula. The finish is different and an interesting change but they chipped by morning. I let them dry plenty before bed. I applied it directly to the nail with no base or top coat. I read that was what you are supposed to do. I couldn't stand the chipped look so I tried to disguise it with a couple of coats of Roxy on the tips which worked surprisingly well but didn't last on the fingers that were chipped. I broke my thumb nail on my right hand. I don't know if this is from lack of base coat or the matte formula.

So I ask you ladies: How do you feel about mattes? Does putting a shiny topcoat on the tips prevent chipping? How long do they wear for you? Do you ever use matte polishes on just your toes?

I am sorry I didn't bother with pictures and hope you will forgive me. I will probably create a new mani tomorrow.

Vegan Chili Mac
For the simple vegan "recipe" (if you can even call it that) I used 1 box of wheat shell pasta, 2 cans of vegan chili and about 1/3 of a block of Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Nacho Cheese (shredded). You could use more of the "cheese" if you have it. This would also be good for using up leftover vegan chili you make yourself. Just cook the pasta and drain, add the chili and "cheese" and heat on the stove stirring until hot and "cheese" is melted. Enjoy! Brandon really liked this :)

Thanks for reading! Comment, follow, subscribe and share please!

No comments:

My Pictures <3