Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wardrobe Re-Fashion Pledge

Photobucket

The idea is to not buy any new clothing. (I am not sure if jewelry or accessories count. I assume gifts don't count especially during the holidays. ) All items are to be thrifted, recycled, refashioned or handmade (etsy is allowed!)

I was a bit scared to do this but I figured I would give it a go. I have so many clothes already and since thrift store shopping IS allowed I decided to try it. I have very little if any sewing skill. Maybe this will inspire me to create more. I have so many things I could do something with in my wardrobe and maybe if I think creatively I can make some really cool things.

I am going to avoid buying jewelry and accessories during this time (except from thrift stores and received as gifts) I will however look for thrift store things that I can add to and take apart and redo. :) I need some supplies to make jewelry and for refashioning my wardrobe so I am assuming art supplies are A-OK since they help with handmaking and DIYing. I will post my projects here and on the Wardrobe Re-Fashion site and I encourage any of you who are crafty to give it a try. Let me know if you do. My pledge period ends Jan 1st, 2010. Wish me luck!

I was inspired by this lovely lady. Please check out her beautiful creations!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

This is an interesting project. Don't go to overboard with your accessories. Your trying to save money.

My Pictures <3