Thursday, August 18, 2011

Accidental Indi-Mex Chili

This chili recipe sprung from a failed attempt at making lentil burgers inspired by Vegan for 3.33 a Day. I followed her veggie burger recipe but used lentils instead of beans and added curry powder, cumin and tumeric. They would NOT stick together. I am very inexperienced in the world of homemade vegan burgers but I thought they would make a mean chili... so I went for it. Here is my recipe along with some photos. It looks like a lot of ingredients but they are very simple. Enjoy!

Accidental Indi-Mex Chili
Ingredients:
3 Cups cooked Lentils
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 envelope onion soup mix (make sure you have a vegan one!)
curry powder (1/2 to 1 full tablespoon)
tumeric (about a teaspoon)
cumin (about a teaspoon)
1 can hearty tomato soup
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes (with or without green chilis)
1 can tomato sauce
1 can black beans
1 can chickpeas
Additional spices, hot sauce etc to garnish (optional)

Throw all in a HUGE pot and cook over medium to high heat until cooked through. Add additional spices based on personal taste. I hope you like it. :) It is a very quick meal if you have cooked lentils on hand already!




P.S. Like my new hair cut? It is short, about chin length. I am going to donate to Locks of Love! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

My Pictures <3